The L-Space Web
Where's My Cow
In response to some questions from a child worried about the missing cow, Terry supplied the following answers.
- Is the cow lost?
- 'Not any more. She was found wandering and brought in to the Watch House by Corporal Nobbs.'
- Is the cow OK?
- 'Oh, yes. Some watchmen have fed her chips from the canteen, but she seems fine.'
- Is anyone looking after the cow if it is lost? (particularly worried about this one)
- 'Corporal Nobbs is very attached to the cow, and so are the other watchmen. They've clubbed together to buy her hay.'
- Where is the cow now?
- 'In the Watch stables, where she is spoiled rotten by the coppers. She gets milked twice a day and the coppers hope no-one ever claims her because the milk is so nice.'
- And if at all possible, what is the cow's name? (for it looks pretty on the picture)
- 'Mostly they call her Cow, because coppers aren't particularly good when it comes to names, but Corporal Nobbs calls her Maisie, after his old mum.'
The L-Space Web is a creation
of The L-Space Librarians
site is maintained by A.H.Davis